Friday, January 2, 2009

This blogging situation is harder than it looks...

So after becoming a certified blog stalker, I decided it was about time I started one myself - and what better time than the start of a new year! It is a great way to keep up with what is going on in people's lives and an easy way to update many people about our day to day life. I struggled for awhile because I wasn't sure our day to day life is really that interesting so this might be the most boring blog ever. However, starting a blog is much easier said than done. I never realized how much went in to setting up even simple pages. I have no idea how some people get theirs so fancy (Sara McG). Please bear with me as I go through the growing pains of figuring this all out.
Henry and I just had our first holiday season as newlyweds and it was wonderful. We had a very simple and quiet Christmas, just the two of us.



This is a picture of our very small tree with a very large strand of lights.

We had a great long Christmas weekend and played a lot of Rockband (Henry's Christmas present) and just relaxed and rejuvenated. This is a very busy time of year in my industry (Health Insurance) and work can be really intense and stressful. It was great to have that time to ourselves and make some great memories of our first Christmas together.

We then worked a strenuous three day week and now we have another four day weekend for New Year. For New Year's Eve, we went to our friends Dave and Sara's house and had a really great time playing games and staying up late.



We are looking forward to the rest of our long weekend - it will involve lots of housecleaning, some friends coming over, and our first moving/packing project.

Moving you say? Yes, we are planning on moving sometime in the first half of this year. We are planning on buying a house (Hooray!) and we hope to being doing it in the next 3-5 months. So, why are we packing already? Well, for those of you who know me well, this isn't exactly a surprising answer. I tend to get a little stressed/overwhelmed/bitchy when it comes to big projects like moving. We have somehow managed to accumulate rooms full of stuff and I have no idea where it all came from (actually, our wedding created most of it and there are boxes we still haven't unpacked from our last move in 2007). For those of you who know my husband, he tends to be pretty relaxed and easy going. Doing huge house projects is not exactly his cup of tea. So, in the interest of both our sanities, we have divided our house and yard into several zones to tackle one at a time. We will go through our house and do one zone each weekend (clean, organize, get rid of most of it) in the hopes that when it is actually time to move, I will not turn into a crazy woman. (I HATE moving.) So we are starting this weekend with the linen closet. Our thought is to start small and work our way up to the big projects (dirty, scary, smelly basement and guest room/everything from our wedding room).

Look forward to more updates on our cleaning and packing! (I warned you this might not be an interesting blog!)

That's all for now - thanks for reading this and if you have any tips on how to make the blog page cool, I welcome comments. Or you can come to my house and just do it for me. :)

1 comment:

  1. yay for starting a blog, and I love the name....Bits about the Bitzes! Thank you for the praise about my blog, I am always wishing that it looked better. I am looking forward to future posts.

    ReplyDelete