Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wii would like to play...

Last night, Henry and I had several of our friends over to experience the joy of the Wii. We got our Wii as a wedding present and have been having a blast with it. Henry got Rockband for Christmas and we figured this was a great opportunity to watch our friends turn into Rockstars.

The evening started with a healthy dose of Rockband.



I love the look of extreme concentration on Allie's face.

We then moved on to the always exciting Mario Kart. It was great watching the different styles of driving. Some people moved their whole bodies with the wheels (Allie), while others went with the "less is more" approach and barely turned the wheels at all (Jim).

Tennis followed, and at this point it got a little dangerous. Four people standing in a row and swinging rackets...let's just say we didn't bring out the good crystal.


We ended the night with some boxing, which was hilarious.


I think we will have a real life rematch in the backyard.

All in all, Henry and I had a great time and loved having our friends over to play. It brought out the little kid in everyone and it was great to see inhibitions being lowered. I was pleasantly surprised with how many people were willing to sing with Rockband!

We are definitely going to do it again but I think next time we will carry the theme further. We'll have Nintendo inspired food (Stuffed mushrooms, chocolate coins, Princess Peach Cobbler) and costumes will be encouraged. Perhaps a Halloween party next year.....





1 comment:

  1. Wii Rockband is so much fun, it looks like a great time. I love the idea of taking the theme further with nintendo themed food. You will definitely have to post pictures of that!

    ReplyDelete