In celebration of this progress, Henry and I went to our local nursery and spent about two and half hours there. The first hour was spent wandering around while I squealed like a small child at all the pretty flowers and plants. Then we buckled down and went around picking out what we actually want in the yard. Then we spent a lot of time trying to make decisions about things we knew nothing about (i.e. landscaping, horticulture, planting, etc.) We spent some time talking to the owner and getting ideas about how to approach this. We decided to go home and draw out our yard and come up with a plan. That was the first hour and a half or so. Then we decided to just get some hanging baskets since I have been wanting them so badly. That took another hour. I had to go around and look at all the different plants and basket combinations and decide which ones I liked. We ran into some problems when my favorite flowers were in baskets I didn't like and then the baskets I liked didn't have the flowers I wanted. Henry was about ready to kill me when I kept going back and forth. He got really tired of holding those heavy baskets.
We FINALLY decided (when I say "we" I mean "I") and paid and put them in the car. I immediately thought I had made the wrong decision but Henry was having none of it. He drove away. Then we spent forever at Lowe's because we had to find hooks, gardening gloves, stain for our deck, etc.
Hours later, we made it home and hung our hanging baskets.
This is the one Henry picked out. Very quickly and decicively:

This is the one it took me an hour to pick out:

This is the final product - the boys enjoying our newly adorned front porch:

This is the progress in our yard. It may not look like much but all the pink flags are where sprinkler heads are and there used to be a lot more rocks:

And finally, Siri looking out over his kingdom.

Hopefully soon I will be able to post pictures of grass! Poor Siri goes out in the front yard and lays in the dirt. It's pretty cute.
To end the grand adventure that was our day, I decided I was perfectly happy with the basket I picked out and I clearly made the right choice :)
No comments:
Post a Comment