We started this morning by digging up the flower beds we put in along our sidewalk. This fall I will be planting 125 bulbs (tulips, daffodils, hyacinths and crocus) and so we dug that area up to prep our clay like soil for the bulbs. We put the dirt in the wheel barrow, mixed it up with the gravel, lined the trenches with weed cloth and then put it all back in. It should be all ready for when my bulbs arrive this fall! I can hardly wait!
Then, we had to weed all our flower beds, lay the weed cloth and then go buy mulch and cover everything. It was a really long day but we are both very happy with the results!
Our very inviting front porch! The big green one next to the red roses is a burning bush. I'm very excited to see it this fall.

The one on the very back is a white rose bush that is about to start blooming!


Henry admiring our handy work:

This picture will be much more interesting next spring...

My roses are blooming! Hooray!!

On another note, Henry and I finally have neighbors! The house to the East of us sold and a very nice couple moved in this weekend. They seem super nice, have been married about 8 months and have two of the funnies dogs ever. They are Dachsunds and the are so short that when they walk in the tall grass it is hard to find them. Siri hasn't quite figured out what to do with them yet. My favorite was when Siri went and found a stick and then this little Dachsund went and found a stick and it was about as big as he was! As soon as I can get them to stay still long enough I am going to try to get a picture. We're very excited to have neighbors that seem very nice and are in the same stage of life.
Next projects - the fence and cleaning out the garage! Stay tuned for more excitement....
No comments:
Post a Comment