Thursday, February 4, 2010

A General Update...Heavy on the Animals

So I know I haven't updated in a while but that's because not much is going on. Henry went back to school in the middle of January and has been extremely busy. I've been working and trying to get into a routine of working out. It's pretty sporadic but I guess that is better than nothing. I'm also trying to be a better dog owner and spend more time with Siri playing at the park. He went in for his shots a few months ago and has gained about 10 pounds in the last year. The vet said he's not overweight but he doesn't want him to gain anymore. Siri is definitely loving the extra attention and exercise. I'm looking forward to summer so we can go hiking and exercise both of us at once instead of going to the park with the frisbee and then I have to go home and work out myself!

Minke on the other hand, has gained two pounds since his summer misadventure when he was stuck in an abandoned house for nine days. That's great news for him since he had gotten down to eight pounds and he should be a twelve pound cat. He's never been a twelve pound cat...but he should be. I've never been able to get him over 10.5. I wish I had his problem...

Oh! We did have a tiny adventure this morning when I opened the front blinds and about nine grouse had been hanging out under our porch and were emerging into the front yard. Both Siri and Minke found that extremely interesting and were very vocal in their desire to go outside and examine the grouse. I'm sure Siri had only good intentions; he loves to chase things and would never know what to do if caught something. Minke, on the other hand, I'm pretty sure there was murder in his eyes. He loves to kill things. I'm not such a fan of him killing things so both animals stayed inside.

Valentine's Day will be the one year anniversary of us living in our house! The year has gone so quickly and I still don't have anything on the walls. I just don't know where to start decorating so nothing is getting decorated. I would love it if we won the lottery and I would call some people from HG TV, go on vacation for a few weeks and come home to a beautifully decorated home.

I guess since this post is all about the animals I will post some recent pictures of them.

Kitty is pretty obsessed with sitting on laps, even when I am on the computer.


He also likes to climb under the covers before I have a chance to make the bed and make himself quite comfortable.


A little drowsy from being awakened by me laughing and taking pictures.


Snoozing on my lap ... he's so photogenic!


Siri got a new collar...comparison of the old and the new. I guess almost four years in the same collar will do that...


What you can't see in this picture is my other hand holding his head down because he thought something exciting was happening and could hardly contain himself.

The drowsy face of the cutest dog in the world...in my opinion.

1 comment: