Today was quite a day! We got up this morning and got an "early" start (left at 9) and took a train to Hampton Court, which is where Henry VIII spent time and hung out with many of his wives. We got to see his apartments, places where lots of kings lived, Cardinal Wolsey's closet (I stood in it), the kitchens, the wine cellar, the world's most famous hedge maze and some amazing gardens. The weather here as been ridiculously cold (but at least it didn't rain for a couple of days) and yesterday we had snow. The bad part is it has been super windy and that makes the cold worse. However, I'm really happy it's not raining and I would prefer the cold and wind. T
Hampton Court was amazing. I can't even describe it. I got some pictures and a couple of postcards so you can get an idea of what it's like. I was so stoked to go there. I love Tudor history and it was AMAZING being in the places where they actually walked and lived. A really fun part was they had actors that dressed up as historical figures (King Henry, Anne Boleyn, George Boleyn, and Lady Jane Rochfort) and would do skits throughout the day pretending about events. At one point, Henry received the gift of a shirt that had pomegranates embroidered on it (the logo of Katherine of Aragon, from whom he was separated at the time and shouldn't have been receiving gifts from - Anne was pissed) and they asked who had brought it. I said I had and Anne Boleyn got mad at me. They were being really funny and gossiping about each other and she kept shooting me dirty looks and telling me I could leave. It was so funny. And they called me Lady Amanda. I could get used to that.
| The entrance to Hampton Court |
![]() |
| Aerial shot of Hampton Court that I pilfered from the Internet. |
| The set of Macbeth. |
| The final bow - check out all the blood on the stage! |
Tomorrow is our last day in London which is a bummer, but then we head to Oxford and Stratford!
| The blurry picture of me and James McAvoy. |

No comments:
Post a Comment