Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween!

Our Halloween this year was pretty quiet. I did get a little more into it than I usually do and I think it's because this is the first year we own our house. I got some pumpkin lights that I put in the house and we carved jack o lanterns this year! This is the first year since we have been together that we carved pumpkins and we had a really good time. We also had a quite a good time eating the roasted pumpkin seeds!

Here are some pics of our awesome pumpkins. See if you can guess on which ones we used stencils!

Here is a picture of all of them in the daylight.


Henry's Scary Pumpkin.


Henry's Pirate Pumpkin.


My Happy Pumpkin.


And my very favorite - the Sirius pumpkin!



I went online and found a Labrador stencil and I'm pretty darn proud of myself. The candle was having a hard time staying lit so it's hard to see all the detail but it was awesome. Trust me.

In spite of all our hard work to make our house inviting, and purchasing two very large bags of candy, we only had one trick or treater. She was Snow White. Maybe next year will be a bigger year as our neighborhood develops more. In the meantime, I will ship candy to anybody who wants some. I have to go to Hawaii in three weeks and the last thing I need is 5 pounds of candy lying around!

Other exciting news about Halloween - our friends Chris and Amy had their baby! Amy was the maid of honor in our wedding and she gave birth to a darling little boy. I was pretty excited because Halloween was my grandma's birthday and I thought that was cool. They didn't know the gender beforehand, which was a fun surprise. I was convinced it was going to be a girl but that's probably because I want a little girl.

Coming up next for us is a month full of birthdays, the pins being removed from my toes and a trip to California and Hawaii! Yay for November!

No comments:

Post a Comment