I got the pins taken out of my toes today! It was pretty darn cool to watch. Just went into the doctor's office, got a little numbing shot in my feet (wasn't so fun when he hit my nerves), a good wash down with beta dine, a small incision, a little fishing around, some work with the pliers and VOILA! I can now go through airport security again! Just in time for the trip to Hawaii!!
My feet are doing really well. They feel great and I'm just currently working on getting my range of motion back in my big toes. The swelling that is left should go down considerably now that the pins are out. Most importantly, the debilitating heel pain I was having is gone. I spent three hours yesterday cleaning the house, standing and walking the whole time. I used to not be able to stand for more than 15-20 minutes before I couldn't take it anymore. I'm so happy to not feel like an invalid anymore. I'm so glad I did both feet, even with the inconvenience of not having a leg to stand on. It's all uphill from here!
Monday, November 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank goodness you are almost finished with this ordeal! We are so happy that it was successful and you'll be able to thoroughly enjoy the trip to Hawaii. (We missed you at Eric's wedding, but were thinking of you!)
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that you are doing great and are feeling better, which is perfect timing for Hawaii.
ReplyDeleteAlso I love the new blog layout, super cute.
Thanks ladies! Working on getting my range of motion back and I bought my first pair of post surgery shoes tonight! Lucky for me flats are in this year....:)
ReplyDelete