Ok, so I'm getting overwhelmed with all the blogging that needs to be done and that just means I'm not doing it. So I'm going to try a series of smaller posts to see if that helps!
November was a fun month for us. Henry and I both had birthdays and we got to go to Hawaii for Thanksgiving. For my birthday on the 19th, we went out to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants (Montana Ale Works) with some friends and I had my favorite fish tacos. I really can't branch out from those, they're the greatest. I've never found any better. On the 21st, I went to New Moon with some friends and had a blast. The next day, we left for California where we stayed for about three days before we left for Hawaii. We had a lot of fun going to In and Out Burger, the Squeeze Inn and Tex Wasabi's for Henry's birthday on the 24th. The Squeeze Inn was on "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives" and we've been wanting to go there since we saw that episode. Tex Wasabi's is Guy Fieri's restaurant and we had some delicious sushi there for Hank's birthday. I highly recommend both to anyone that goes to the Sacramento area.
On Wednesday the 25th, thirteen of us left for Kauai! Kauai is such a beautiful island and we had a wonderful time. We had a long day of travel and just as we were getting to our rental house, it started raining. It continued raining ALL NIGHT and it actually turned out to be a pretty major storm. We were on the north side of the island, past Hanalei, and there were some flash floods and the roads were closed. Then the power went out for several hours leaving us wondering how we would cook our Thanksgiving dinner! We were very lucky as we were having prime rib instead of turkey and the power came back on just in the nick of time. It was a wonderful meal that we all helped cook and was a lot of fun.
We're pretty bad picture takers so there are no pictures from the first part of our trip but we do have some coming up!
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment