Ok, I know it has been over 2 months since I last posted which just shows how incredibly busy we have been! I think my last post was shortly before midterms and it has been chaotic ever since. I had midterms for school, followed by a lot of group projects and service learning projects, then it was my 28th birthday, then Henry's 30th birthday, we threw in a trip to California for Thanksgiving and now it is time for finals and Christmas is in 3 weeks! I can't believe how fast the last couple months have gone. My last day of class is tomorrow and then it is finals week! I have 1 paper, 1 project and 1 final to do. Then, I have to arrange to go in and get 18 hours of observation in the classroom over Christmas break for a class I am taking next semester. In addition, I have been EXTREMELY busy at work. I went back to working a bit of overtime in November to try to stay caught up. The Residence Halls close next Saturday so the students will be gone which should make it a bit quieter. Henry is still busy with school but has dropped his credit load a bit this semester. I think it was a good choice - he doesn't get summers or breaks between terms (just 3 weeks at Christmas and 1 week in May) off so he was getting a bit burned out.
The animals are doing great, Henry and I are healthy and the house is doing great! We still need to get our new roof but that will be a spring project. We are getting all geared up to host Christmas at our house for 11 people - I'm looking forward to it! We bought our tree last weekend. We went fake this year - prelit with hinged branches. Basically I pulled it out of the box, put the three pieces together and the branches unfolded themselves. Then I plugged it in and TA -DA! Instant Christmas tree. So happy we went that way. I didn't mind pine needles in my house and the risk of fire hazard when I rented - not so keen on those things when we own. :)
Have to run to bed - I've been running myself on too little sleep the last couple weeks - more posts to come soon - probably after finals!
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment