However, when we were planning where to go on our mini holiday, we ended up getting so stressed out that it wasn’t even fun anymore! Henry had the brilliant idea of doing a Staycation, where we just stayed at home and relaxed. I was pretty hesitant at first – I didn’t want to get caught up in all the stuff at home – housework, TV, computers, etc. But we came up with a great plan. We got all our homework done in advance, the housework was done enough, and we made a rule of not TV or computers for the weekend. We planned to do things we always say we want to do but never end up doing and going out to a nice dinner.
I have to say it was a resounding success! I had so much comp time that I was able to take Friday off of work so after my 8 am class, I was free for three days! I had a great day hanging out by myself, visiting some friends and playing with Siri. Then at 5 pm, Staycation started! Henry got home and we went out to dinner. Then on Saturday, we went to an energy fair and got a bunch of free stuff to weatherize our home, went to a great, new Thai restaurant for lunch and went to the Museum of the Rockies. We became members there this summer and decided to take advantage of it. We went to go see a planetarium show but ended up getting sidetracked by some interesting lectures that just happened to be going on right after we got there. Then we went to a planetarium show about Mars (very cool!) and strolled around downtown before we went to our nice dinner. Sunday we relaxed all morning and then took Siri to the park and got Pumpkin Pie blizzards from Dairy Queen on the way home. The whole weekend was perfect. We were so relaxed and had such a good time – it was really hard to go to bed Sunday night and know it would be over! We decided we are going to do this at least once a semester, if not more! By staying at home, we saved a lot of money and were so relaxed. Plus, we got to really enjoy some of the benefits of this town we live in!
Here is a picture of the dessert we had on Friday night. It was delicious!
This is a picture of Siri trapped in the garage. I had to go down into the crawl space to clean out the dryer vent and didn't realize Siri had walked out there and then I moved a bunch of stuff. Apparently, it was far too traumatizing for him to walk around the stuff, jump over it, or walk around the car. He refused to move, even when we called him and got really excited and he would just stand there and cry. We eventually moved the recycle bin so he could get back in the house. But not before I snapped a picture to always remind me of what a giant baby he really is.
That sound like FUN--I am always so tired after a vacation, your husband is creative! I am going to do that!
ReplyDelete