Saturday, November 24, 2012

Day 24

Day 24: I am grateful for my amazing husband, Henry.

Today is Henry's birthday. We have been married for almost 4.5 years and I am the luckiest girl in the world. My husband is one of the most amazing people I know. He is kind, patient, generous, thoughtful, loving, considerate, supportive, encouraging, calming, and really, really, ridiculously good looking.

He deals with my crazy. He puts me before himself. He always lets me have a bite (or more) of his food. He helps me get things done. He calms me when I get over stressed. He supports me in every thing I do. He has the utmost faith that I can accomplish anything, even when I don't have it in myself. He thinks I'm smart. He works incredibly hard to support and better our family's prospects. For the last three years, he has been working full time and going to school full time, and still makes time for our relationship. He stays calm in the face of turbulence and is able to make wise decisions, especially when I'm not able to step back and see the big picture. He has incredible personal fortitude and determination. He changes the channel when sad animal commercials come on. He lets me say things I can't say to anyone else and doesn't judge me for it. Around him I can truly be myself, even myself isn't very pretty. He holds me when I cry. He makes me laugh. He always makes me laugh.

He is dedicated and faithful. He loves computers. He loves the internet. But he loves me more. (He always tells me so.) He loves technology. He loves carrot cake, coffee, basic breakfasts, and anything I cook. He likes wood paneled rooms, leather chairs, and Old English and Nordic names. He frequently threatens to name our children Utwyn or Theofin or some other monstrosity. He's afraid of bears. He likes the indoors. He loves electronic music, musicals, and classical music. He loves action movies but will still watch romcoms with me. He prefers open source software and won't by Apple because "they control what you can do." He finds joy in coding and never ceases to be amazed when I can't get excited about it. He can have a conversation with anyone, about anything. He loves hot drinks and eats snacks at midnight, much to my chagrin. He eats sunflower seeds to stay awake on long drives. He likes to travel. He is fun to give gifts to because he gets so excited and appreciates everything.

I'm so lucky to have him as my partner. He's the perfect match for me and I hope to never live a day of my life without him in it. I love him more than anything.

Happy birthday, my dearest love.

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
   If this be error and upon me proved,
   I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment